Mirella Z. Olson moved to California from her native Verona, Italy and first came to Santa Barbara in 1977. She has a degree in Interior Design. Her interest in art dates back to her childhood. She is an impressionist plein air painter and she enjoys the challenge of a wide variety of subjects inspired by her travels and many interests.
Mirella has received numerous awards for her watercolors and her oils in the US and abroad. Her work can be seen in various galleries and in private collections around the world.
Mirella has been juried into the Societá delle Belle Arti in Verona, Italy, the Santa Barbara Art Association, Gallery Los Olivos, Goleta Valley Art Association, SCAPE (Southern California Artists Painting for the Environment), Art Guild of Santa Ynez Valley, Los Padres Watercolor Society, and Morongo Valley Art Colony.
Among her numerous expositions to highlight are:
- Santa Barbara Sunday Arts and Crafts Show, Cabrillo Blvd, ongoing since 1995 (http://www.santabarbaraartsandcraftsshow.com/id3.htm)
- Gallery Los Olivos, ongoing since 2000 (www.gallerylosolivos.com)
- Art Along The Creek, Memorial Day weekend, Santa Barbara
- Artwalk, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Elverhoy Museum, Solvang
- Featured Artist, West of Eden, Solvang
- Santa Barbara Festival of Art and Jazz
- Christmas Show, Arena, Verona Italy
- Antiques and Art Show, Cerea, Italy
- Featured Artist, Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara
- Featured Artist, Maritime Museum, Santa Barbara
- Featured Artist, Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, San Pedro
- Fine Art Santa Barbara
- Old Mission Fourth of July Art Show, Santa Barbara
- Morongo Valley Art Colony, Covington Park, Morongo Valley
- “Best of the Best”, Lompoc
- Featured Artist, Gallery 113, Santa Barbara
- Featured Artist, Townley Room, Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara City College Group Show
- Semana Nautica, Santa Barbara
- National Hotel, Nevada City, California
- Various other venues: libraries, banks, restaurants, post offices, boutiques, variety shops.